Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Standing in Awe, not Aghh!

I have the pleasure to eat lunch with Trish White (T Bar M Camps- Women's Director of Sports Camp) every Tuesday. We try to catch up as kids are coming in and out of lunch. This is a time where we get to check our hearts and pray for each other.

She was sharing how it can be hard to remembering how blessed we are to work at camp. It's so easy for all of us to get the business mind-set instead of the eternally impacting mind-set. I can walk around camp "in aghh" and see what needs to be fix. (Hey coach! Where is your kids? Why is there a dirty sock on the walk way? Why are we running out of food!)

I have been working T Bar M in some way or the other since July 2005. I first came to T Bar M may 2004 as a summer coach. I had no clue what I was getting myself into. I, as any other out-of-stater, thought camp is Texas was kids jumping tumble weeds and feeding the cows. That all changed when I arrived at 2549 hwy 46 West, New Braunfels, TX. I remember thinking... "I think I wrote the address down wrong. This isn't a camp because it is too nice." Well I was wrong it was a camp called T Bar M. I remember walking around and thinking everything was AWESOME! I didn't see anything bad, I only saw the great things. I was walking around in awe.

Now I have the pleasure to give tours around camp. I love it because for the past 6 years I have come to T Bar M for work and I forgot the "Awe's" of camp. When I give tours, I am reminded how blessed we are to do this for full time.

With all of this being said it has reminded me of my walk with the Lord. I was saved at the age of 8. I have been a child of God for 21 years of my life. I don't really remember not being saved. Sadly this makes we forget the Awe's of God being my Savior, because I take Him for grated. I tend to allow Satan to get me thinking life as a Christian can be the AGHH at times. I love the refreshing people that come in my life to remind me just how blessed I am to serve our Lord!

"Let all the earth fear the lord; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him." Psalm 33:8

2 comments:

  1. It's all about perspective, isn't it?! Love you, Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, just now reading this. Great blog and definitely encouraging today. Thank you for taking the time to write it!

    Coming to NB at the end of October for the Chosen Marathon for Adoption race...I'm doing the half...for sure not the full. Hang out time please!

    ReplyDelete