Friday, June 24, 2011

Stand by your man.

As many of you know or your experiences we are in a drought. Not a "it would be nice not to water my water" type of drought, but a "we need rain so the fish will live" type of one. It has only a rained a few this year. Every week I check the weather forecast to see if rain is in the future. Several times it has said 60% chance and I would go outside to do yard word to start preparing for the rain. As the day comes closer the chance of rain lowers and it doesn't rain. So now I don't get my hopes up when there is a "chance" in the forecast.

This week we had a "chance" of rain and I didn't cover Jackson's sandbox. I had almost forgotten what rain felt like in this stage 4 drought. I went to bed like every other night. A few hours later I woke up to loud noise that scared me! I jumped out of bed trying to figure out what was going on. My long term memory was coming back to me and I identified that noise to be thunder and rain. My heart was pounding like crazy with such joy.

After running to my patio and to my front porch and doing a "Thank you Jesus" dance I was finally able to lay back down in bed. Then I started thinking... I wonder what it was like to be Noah's wife. I mean think about it. You marry this guy who is the "goody goody two shoes" of the town. Then one day he comes home and says. "Hey I was out for a walk and God told me to build a boat because he is going to destroy the every living thing. But don't worry! This boat is going to be so big that we are going to have 2 of every kind of animal and our son (Yes, I know we don't have son, but we will!) and their wives on the boat with us and we will be safe. Now all we have to do is start building the boat and gathering food."

Now I have been married for 4 1/2 years now. I don't know much about Noah's wife and I have two thoughts on why we don't how she handled this mission 1. She was supportive to Noah that many woman today would focus on her instead of Noah and what God did. 2. She went off on Noah telling him he was crazy.Regardless of what happened the first day, she was there the day it started raining. Which in my mind meant God must had liked her for her to be on the boat.

Going back to laying in bed the other night. I was challenge of my faithfulness t0 God and my husband by thinking how faithful Noah's wife was. We don't know much of timeline when it comes to the story of Noah, but we do know it took 120 year from God speaking to Noah to the door shutting on the Ark. Scholars believes it took 55-75 years to build the Ark. This is one faithful servant to God and one supportive wife. Sometimes I have a little panic when my husband asks me to cook for 12 people. I would probably pass out if my husband asked to me help gather food to feed 2 of every kind for 40 days.

But with all of this being said, I can't imagine how high and how long her "Thank you Jesus" dance lasted when that first rain drop fell from the sky. (since it was the first time it had ever rained) You know the overwhelming of joy, peace and thankfulness come over her knowing that she seemed crazy following her husband, but it paid off!

I pray that I can be a faithful wife and servant to my Lord no matter how crazy it seems to those around me. (But I wont be so faithful to my weatherman)

No comments:

Post a Comment